We have added a new type of guest book to our cottages. They are more like
journals where guests can share experiences and tips in addition to their
memories. Here are some just a few of the comments from the Guest
Journal at Beachview...
- We enjoyed staying at your home during our Memorial Day 2017. We had awesome
family time during our stay. Thank you. Hope to see you real soon!
— The A Family May 30, 2017
- What a wonderful 10 days our family enjoyed in St. Simons! Your home was perfect!
The memories created on the front porch, the laughs 24/7, just doesn't get any
better! Thank you so very much for sharing Beachview Cottage! I know we will
— The R Family May 3, 2017
- This was our first family vacation to Saint Simons Island. It is a beautiful
island and all really enjoyed ourselves. Fishing, beaching, playing on the
playgrounds, riding bikes, and eating at the many restaurants were our highlights.
Thank you for sharing your very special "beach cottage" with us. It was very
comfortable and had everything we needed. We hope to come again!
— The H Family April 10, 2017
- Thank you so much! This house was absolutely perfect for our beach trip. We were
able to walk everywhere, and take the dogs with us. The food was really good, and
the beaches were beautiful. This trip was everything we hoped it would be
and more -- so thank you so much for letting us stay at your home.
— The M Family April 6, 2017
- Tonight is the last night of a perfect vacation at the Beachview Cottage. The
cottage is charming, and the location couldn't be better. The sun and blue
skies were ours to enjoy every day. The Easter decorations were a lovely added
touch. Everyone, including our dog Opie, had a wonderful time, and we hope to
return next year.
— The S Family March 4, 2017
- This was one of, it not the best, beach vacations we have had. The house
is amazing -- still finding new things we had not noticed on the last day.
We felt so at home -- could stay here forever! I had been to SSI 20 years
ago, but this was the first time for my wife and her sister and husband. A
lot has changed, but still has a small village homey vibe and loved all the great
new restaurants (Half Shell!). Sister and husband are already looking to come
back next year for a month. Thanks for sharing your house!
— The M Family February 25, 2017
- Gramling Crew live again ... last visit Nov 1996. All six Gramlings have really
enjoyed a mini vacation my my husband's grandparents' home of many, many years.
Although the furnishings have changed, your fabulous decorating talent makes
Beachview House so homey ... and ... it is exceptionally well stocked. Love
the pictures! Annie, the Yorkie guest, also thanks you very much for being included
in a wonderful trip down memory lane.
— The G Family February 12, 2017
- What a wonderful home we discovered as we walked in. I loved every room, and we had Christmas
decorations adding to the charm. What's not to love. The porch was so great, and the yard and
fence was safe & perfect for our dogs. Love the PS = Puppy Sheets! Carol has thought of
everything. Thank you for a wonderful stay.
— The H Family January 1, 2017
- What a wonderful week at your charming house. The location is perfect -- countless
walks to the beach, the pier and restaurants. The dogs loved greeting all the passerby.
They even had their picture taken a few times.
— The V Family December 27, 2016
- Your home is not only in the perfect location and is beautiful inside and out,
it also feels like it reaches out and gives you a welcoming hug! We thank you for adding
this comfortable feeling to our family holiday. And we had lemons for our tea from
the great trees in your yard! We hope to return often.
— The E Family November 26, 2016
Just a quick note to thank you for the use of your house last week. It was everything we
had hoped for and more. I can’t tell you how many times we walked to the pier, shops or lighthouse.
Or the time we spent just sitting on the porch talking with the passerbyers, they were quite
interested in a) our dogs and b) your house. We are now trying to figure out when we can
plan a return trip.
— The H Family November 12, 2016
Dogs on front porch
- Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us! We have been coming to St. Simons
for seven years and this is far and away one of favorites! The house is so charming and the
location is perfect!
— The R Family September 30, 2016
- We brought out two beloved dogs on our honeymoon with us to St. Simons Island. We have had
an absolutely wonderful trip. We have found AMAZING food (Palmers, Southern Soul, Hot Dog Ally,
and Jonesys Pizza, to name a few). The beaches here are amazing also - many times it felt
like we were on a private beach. THIS HOUSE .. we felt like we were home -- We love sitting on the
porch morning, noon, and night. Our pups felt very much at home. The cottage is well equipped
and we could not have asked for much more. Thank you for a great honeymoon!
— The P Family September 9, 2016
- What a wonderful stay we have had in your cozy, eclectic home. The location
is perfect and a great way to be a part of the pier atmosphere. We loved the walks through
the town, neighborhoods + the beach. We loved reading the history about the house and
St. Simons. We both learned a lot and we come to St. Simons frequently. Carol, you have
been the best person we have ever rented from -- you think of every thing! Any concerns
were quickly dealt with and you have been attentive above & beyond. Thank you. We made
some very special memories this week with our daughter and our grand kids. Thank you for
sharing your very special home with us.
— The T Family September 16, 2016
- This was our first time staying at the Beachview House and we could not have enjoyed it
any more... it was perfect for our family and two Chinook dogs who enjoyed, meeting and
greeting all the people walking by! We really loved the house and we were all so
comfortable! We will cherish our memories at the Beachview Cottage this summer!
— The C Family August 20, 2016
- This house was absolutely wonderful! Our family will forever cherish the memories we have
made at St. Simons... watching Braveheart + the Olympics in the cozy living room, reading
books and talking on the front porch, walking on the beach with our black lab, and eating
Italian ice while watching the sunset. Our stay here has been beautiful thanks to this
house. We hope you enjoy your time here as well!!!
— The R Family August 12, 2016
- Thank you for sharing your beautiful home! Everything was amazing! This
was our first time in St. Simon's Island, but definitely not our last!
— The G Family August 2, 2016
- Thank you for such a terrific, wonderfully stocked house! So enjoyed the
front porch and the location! The logs loved the yard also - and all the
towels were great. We had 4 kids with us and 2 dogs and it was very
comfortable! Thank you again.
— The S Family July 22, 2016
- This has been a week in vintage heaven! We have fallen in love with the
home and with St. Simons! It was our first visit to both and we will
be back!!! Try the bi-plane ride -- you won't regret it! Dogs loved
loved loved the yard.
— The S Family July 16, 2016
- Had a great time. From the football game on the beach to the cornhole
tournament. Many memories were made. The adults had a blast and want
to come back. Love the house!!
— The D Family July 9, 2016
- Thank you for an awesome time on St. Simons. We love the house with all
its quaint charm. We couldn't believe how close it was to everything. We
all loved sitting on the screened porch having coffee, playing games, or
reading. The puppies loved it too! You guys thought of everything. This
was our first time staying at Beachview but I don't think it will be
— The W Family July 2, 2016
- Thank you for an awesome time on St. Simons. We love the house with all
its quaint charm. We couldn't believe how close it was to everything. We
all loved sitting on the screened porch having coffee, playing games, or
reading. The puppies loved it too! You guys thought of everything. This
was our first time staying at Beachview but I don't think it will be
— The W Family July 2, 2016
- BEST. HOUSE. EVER. This is our 2nd stay at the Beachview House, we just love it
here so much. Thanks for all the extra perks you provide!
— The W Family June 25, 2016
- Thank you for sharing your perfect beach house with us! We had a wonderful
time and we will be back!
— The D Family June 18, 2016
- This is our second visit to St Simons and this home is by far the best!
We loved the porch! We spent 90% of our days on the wonderful porch.
We came in to sleep and eat. Loved our cozy bedrooms also. Our dog
loved the yard & porch as well. We were able to walk everywhere, great
location. One night the Community Center had live entertainment and we had the
best 'seats in the house' from the porch. What a wonderful relaxing home!
— The H Family May 11, 2015
- We have had the time of our lives! The location cannot be beat, every possible
need met with style + comfort. My dogs loves the porch, watching the world go
by from morning 'til evening - amazing! Cozy, lovely, perfect. Southern
hospitality as it should be. Our only problem is that we have to go home now,
but we will be back.
— The B Family May 04, 2015
- I am so excited that I can't hardly stand it. I have to travel; all over the world; to exotic places.
And never ever have I been as pleased or felt more excited than I did today pulling into your
lovely beach cottage. You have poured your heart and soul into this place and it shows.
Perfect everything. Thank you soooooo much.
— The M Family April 18, 2015
- We have enjoyed our stay! Your house was as cozy and well stocked with everything we could
have possibly needed. After staying at many renters over the years, this tops the list. My
family loved St Simons, what a great location. Oh, the beds were awesome as well as the porches
(people would stop and take pictures as we sat on the porch). Love love love your kitchen,
so home-y! Thank you for all you do for your guests. We definitely want to come back.
— The T Family April 11, 2015
- What a wonderful and comfortable time we had here -- too short! The home is perfect &
easy, wonderful for our family. We absolutely plan to return as often and as frequently
as possible. This cottage is perfect. Thank you from all of us!
— The H Family March 9, 2015
- Just wrapping up an awesome month at the Beachview House. It was our first time on
the island. Boy, did I luck out when I found your very special place! Everyone loved
the Beachview Cottage! The cottage has been the perfect resting place away from a nasty
winter. The charm and location can't be beat.
— The K Family February 1, 2015
- We truly enjoyed staying at the house. I must say I have never felt more welcomed than I did at
Beachview House. It was obvious that you had your guests in mind when you prepared the house.
All of the notes and labels were wonderful. You thought of everything. Thank you so much.
— January 16, 2015
- Thanks for the great escape from an Indiana January. We loved the cottage and everything
about St Simon's. Our dog loved running in the yard and along the beach.
— The R Family January 7, 2015
- We just loved the house. It met the three C's: comfort, clean and convenient. We will
definitely be back. Thanks again!
— The R Family December 2014
- We just wanted to say THANK YOU one more time! We had a wonderful time and enjoyed
staying in your amazing home! The Bahama Breeze Island Grill is our new
favorite restaurant. A+ atmosphere, service and food.
— The C Family September, 2014
- Just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed your amazing house. I have been going
down to SSI since I was 10 and it means the world to me to be able to continue that
tradition with my own children. Your house is so amazing and perfect. I hope to be
able to go back next year.
— The W Family June 8, 2014
- We are enjoying our stay so much at Beachview cottage. It is fantastic! My sister
is interested in renting it again. Thank you so much.
— The B Family June 14, 2014
- The house is WONDERFUL! We are totally in love with it. Everything is in order and perfect.
I'm sitting on the screen porch as I write this having a glass of wine.
Thank you for such an awesome place to stay.
— The C Family May 15, 2014
- I just wanted to send a note and let you know how much we enjoyed our stay at
Beachview House. The accommodations were perfect and the location to the downtown
was so convenient. We really found ourselves appreciating this area more and more
throughout our stay. Again, thanks for a great stay!
— The D Family March 15, 2014
- The beach and Family Fun Time were wonderful. There are some great places to eat!
— The R Family July 27, 2013
- The weather was perfect (but a bit not). The (community) pool - what a treat!
— The W Family July 20, 2013
- The house is so warm and inviting. Makes you feel like you are at home! Great place
to walk around. Make sure you explore the island. We'll be back. Great house for
dogs as well.
— The F Family July 7, 2013
- We love the house and furnishings and decorations. It was extra-nice to meet Carol.
The town is the best place for walking. The food was wonderful (Barbara Jeans
— The M Family April 14, 2013
- Loved the house, felt real homey! Fort Fredricka was amazing. Loved East Beach
and renting bikes.
— The H Family March 30, 2013
- Location, location, location... We loved this house! It felt like home as soon as we
walked in! Lovely touches like luxurious linens - personal toiletries (I forgot the
toothpaste so I was happy). We took naps in the comfy chairs on the porch almost
— The A Family March 16, 2013
- For all my four-pawed friends who are thinking about booking a stay -- DO IT.
The beaches are great, the beds soft and comfy and the smalls are out of this
world. I have lived in New York, Illinois, Iowa, and Tennessee (you can see
I bounced around a bit) and I can say without hesitation on the smells on the
Golden Isles are the best.
— The F Family February 17, 2013
- We celebrated Christmas together. Our stay was great! I really recommend
the restaurant Southern Soul, best barbeque EVER.
— The K Family December 23, 2012
- The Beach House truly makes you feel at home away from home ... We have
found a vacation home for the things that matter ... quality time with
— The B Family July 28, 2012
- We've thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this wonderful old house. The blending of antiquity
with the beach environment created an ambiance second to none. We have been incredibly
impressed. The location is outstanding - in walking distance of the beach, shops, and
dining. Thanks for sharing your "treasure" with us We look forward to future visits.
— The K Family Dec 2013
- We just wanted to let you know what an enjoyable home you have here. As rental property
owners for 16 years, we never dreamed that we would love a place anymore to our own but
Beachview comes very close. The dogs all had a blast as well. St. Simons is everything
I remembered it to be. We even went to my family's home area of Darien and was even
give a tour by a nice lady who saw us looking at an old church. The food here was great,
the beaches were empty, and the sights were remarkable. Again, thanks for allowing us
to stay here. There is no more relaxing place!!
— The L Family Dec 2013
- We had a wonderful time - everyone loved the house. And the location is fabulous.
— The H Family Nov 2013
- Thank you for sharing this special place. St Simons Island is special. The
beautiful live oaks throughout the island give it such a comforting lovely feeling.
There is such peacefulness here even though Beachview House is only one block from
the shops. I hope the natural beauty and quiet is never compromised. You have gone
out of your way to make your guests comfortable- thank you!
— The D Family August 2013
- To all the Family and Friends that will enjoy this place...
There were three couples that stayed in this cozy house. We enjoyed the front
porch and the great location. Christ Church is most spectacular - tours are
from 2-5 if you would like to go. We enjoyed eating at Southern Soul! It was some
of the best BBQ we have ever had and we love BBQ! We also enjoyed biking and
kayaking. It is amazing to see the creek meet the ocean. We found lots of pretty
shells but put them all back because they were occupied. Wising many more great
memoires among all that stay here!
— The E, R and K families, August 2013
- I also wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed staying at the Beachview House! It is
so nicely and warmly decorated that it left us with the feeling that we were visiting
the house of one of a friend. Loved the screened porch and the front. Also had a
wonderful time being so close to everything. We loved St. Simon's and aside from
the natural beauty, it was so simple to enjoy. No long waits at restaurants or
crowded highways. It was a great place to celebrate my 60th birthday with my family
and I want to thank you again for giving us that opportunity. We look forward to
staying at the Beachview House again.
— The EF Family July 2013
- We all absolutely loved Beachview House. Beautiful home and wonderful location. We
will definitely be back!
— The Q Family, June 2013
- We came, we saw, we ate, we rested, we played on the beach and then we ate
some more ;o) This is our second time to visit St. Simons and our first time
at Beachview House. Carol is a fantastic hostess. The house is perfect. Comfy
beds, luxurious linens, great front porch. Our dog Godiva loved the fenced in
yard. As I am typing this we are sad that it's our last night in the house
... hopefully we'll be able to come back next year. It was a little cool this
week but considering that it's snowing in our home state of Ohio, we can't
complain! Seriously, St. Simons is an awesome, friendly, pet-loving vacation
spot and if you're coming, you really need to stay at Beachview House!
Thanks Carol for a great week!
- I just wanted to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay on St. Simons. This was
our first visit and we will definitely return. The weather was mostly forgiving
and the location could not have been better. Beachview House was very well
appointed and very relaxing. We especially enjoyed how dog friendly the whole
area was. Thank you for providing such a wonderful stay.
- We had a glorious time in your lovely home. We hope to return next year.
— The H Family Feb 2013
- Just wanted to let you know that we had such a wonderful time last weekend. Everyone
loved the cottage, and we had fun being able to walk everywhere in the village.
— T family Jan 2013
- Thanks so much! Our visit to St. Simons has been wonderful. The house is better than
we had ever hoped. So many nice details and lovely touches. Love that the kitchen is
well stocked and a meal could easily be prepared. Beds were great, plenty of towels,
people and dog too. Love the dog friendly touches. Our guys have already requested
a return trip. I'll check the winter calendar for next year and get back with you!
We have stayed in a lot of places around the country and the attention to detail
here made a world of difference. Extra towels, enough hot water, dog friendly,
stuff like soap and laundry detergent available - all that really makes a
difference when you are planning a trip from a distance. Thanks for all the
extras. It has been a much needed break for all of us. We head home in the
morning. I've managed for the most part to just BE and enjoy the past week,
largely because the house was so completely comfortable. Thanks again, I'll
be in touch for next winter.
— January 2013
- The Beachview House truly makes you feel at home away from home. We have found
a vacation home for the things that matter most ... quality time with family!
The house ... perfect.
— July 2012
- Thanks you or a wonderful home way form home-we'll be back!
— June 2012
- We met lots of friendly people here- what a great place! Such a variety
of activities going on- we enjoyed the hometown feeling. We could not
have been l blessed any more than we were during the few short days
we were here! The sun, the ocean, the beautiful live oaks - this
house was like a home away from home!
— The Z Family September 3, 2012
- The house was as interesting as the town. Take the time to look at
all the great pictures, furniture, beds, curtain rods, everything ...
We all enjoyed every day, loved the family feel of the house, and are
looking forward to doing it again.
— The W Family November 19, 2011
- As we're packing to leave, we just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed staying
at the Beachview House. The pictures on the website do not do the house justice. We
have been pleasantly surprised at how comfortable, cozy, & well-appointed the house is
& have truly enjoyed our stay here. Over & over, we have said that it feels like
we are staying in someone's home, not just a rental house. The attention to detail is wonderful.
— July 2012
- We arrived this afternoon right around 4 and have absolutely fallen in
love with your house! My granddaughter has already announced that she's
never leaving her "princess room" - the back bedroom.
- The house was absolutely wonderful - all of us loved it and hated to
leave! From the porches to the wall decorations (you could be there years
before examining them all!) to the well-appointed kitchen and the fenced
in yard, it was perfect. When I arrived, I left the front door open while
I unpacked. My pups sat wide-eyed in the hallway enjoying the warm breeze
and watching activities outside while keeping an eye on me inside. Having
that fenced-in yard was such a convenience and I never worried that the
dogs would escape. I also couldn't believe how close the house actually
is to the village - it looked farther on a map. We shopped, walked the
beach, dined out, and watched the world go by from the porch without
ever being more than a mile from "home." I will be back again for sure!
- What a great week we had. Beautiful house and surroundings. First time the
whole family has been together in years, and with both Granddaughters. It
was good for the soul.
- My grandfather built this house! You've done a wonderful job of restoring
and improving it. The home is now as homey as ever and more comfortable
than ever before. We had a great visit! We loved rocking on the
porch, people watching, walking on the pier and climbing the lighthouse.
Thank you for having us!
- Just wanted to drop you a line, to let you know what a fantastic
time we had. Beachview house is such a great place to go and relax.
Thank you for allowing people with (large) pets such a great
opportunity like this.
- I just wanted to thank you again for our opportunity to stay at the
Beachview House on St. Simons. The photos don't show the true charm of the
house and all the personal touches. The location is convenient to
everything and the park across the street is just beautiful. We really
appreciated all the wonderful appliances, dishes and other supplies for our
convenience and comfort. We especially enjoyed the Coast Guard Beach
area, which actually was always dog friendly past the lifeguard area. We
were on the beach every morning by 6:30 and everyday was a new adventure.
This was also a good place to swim in the ocean with kids. We just loved
every minute we were there and hope to visit again next year.
- Thank you for: hot water that is hot enough to do something; enough dishes
and silverware so we didn't have to run a nearly empty dishwasher and waste
water; cutting knives that are sharp enough to actually cut; a stove that is
not glass topped and that heats quickly and efficiently; nice cooking pans
and are not sloughing Teflon-in other words, a kitchen in which one can
- We loved the house!
- We loved our stay at the Beachview House - the comfortable bed - the
relaxing front porch we will always remember. We love being able to walk
everything. This is a perfect location. Everyone we met was very friendly.
This is our first visit to St. Simons, and I hope to return. We truly
enjoyed our stay . Thank you for sharing your home. We loved history in this
house - was so full of that and full of comfort. What a blessing.
- We don't have a single complaint about the house! We have wonderful time.
It was the perfect setting for us to relax and get to have our babies
(Border Collie and mini Doxie) with us - it was so nice to be a place that
is not swarming with people and where you can feel safe to be out and just
enjoy yourself. The staff does a the wonderful job of keeping the house
looking great especially when dealing with all of us dog lovers .
- Our month your was wonderful-house was perfect for us-porch and screened
porch were great for sitting and reading.
- Love the house and its comfort convenience and history look forward to our
- I loved the cottage-you thought of everything-very comfortable and
relaxing-it was fun sitting on porch and watching people wander by-enjoyed
our stay very much!
- The fenced yard was great for the dogs and small children. Love having a
washer and dryer. To come clean clothes instead of dirty ones. We love
being able to walk all the shops and restaurants.
- We meant to leave a note then came home to a very busy schedule so I
did not get a chance to tell you how much we enjoyed staying at
My dog turned into quite the townie while we were there and came
everywhere with us and we did not leave him alone at all. He loved
it. He also had a ball in the ocean an made friends with a black cat.
Thanks again and I hope we can come again and stay during the winter
months and see how the seasons differ.
- I was just wanting to check in letting you know how much we enjoyed staying
in your home. Not only is it a lovely house in and of itself, it was
wonderfully convenient to everything on St. Simons. We would definitely
recommend it to our friends as well as hope to stay there again in the
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Beachview House - everything was so well
arranged for us! The kitchen was simply the best outfitted rental kitchen
I've ever seen! Also, your notes & labeling were invaluable in answering so
many of the day-to-day questions that we were never left wondering what to
do or where to look.
- We all enjoyed the luxuriously comfortable beds and all those wonderful
pillows - I usually wake several times during the night, but slept like a
baby at Beachview House.
- Thanks for the email with instructions. We will have a great trip. We always do when we stay at Beachview. It is the BEST!
- House is perfect. We already know we want to return. Close to everything. Thanks!
- Have a good vacation -- we did!
- A terrific cottage!
- We loved your house; it's very comfortable, convenient, and homey! We hope to come back.
- Thanks so much for everything! The beds were so comfortable and the kitchen well-equipped-
- This place is perfect- just what a beach house should be- would not change a thing-
- Wonderful house, wonderful place-loved every second!
- Thank you for the comfortable, cozy, and easy going accommodations
- Great house - great vacation!
- This is a fantastic place to relax!
- Very happy with cottage.
- Thank you for being so wonderful regarding our pets. It is difficult to find a place willing to accept dogs over 50 pounds. This was a fabulous weekend!
- The house is truly family-friendly with wonderful easy-to-live with style. The beds very comfortable. Living room-new couch cozy. Kitchen-well appointed. Yard-terrific because it is fenced - safer for dogs and kids.
- As the Granddaddy, I appreciate the child-friendly and Dad-friendly environment. I was particularly impressed - the amenities that are on par with the best of major hotels.
- It was a perfect beach cottage, thanks.
- Enjoyed your house; well stocked; very comfortable; the porch is nice.
- Our time spent at Beachview House was indeed a wonderful week! Our accommodations were so comfortable that each one of us felt so much at home and so relaxed that we would have liked it to have been longer!
- Michelle had the house immaculate. Also thank you for the wonderful guest information books - you have thought of everything.
- Thank you Carol for your attention to detail and going above and beyond - a wonderful home which serves its visitors and guests well.
- The house is perfectly located - we walked everywhere
- The cottage is a truly cozy and an inviting beach paradise. We had a blast!
- St. Simons and Jekyll are so beautiful and unspoiled and you don't have to fight the crowds like you do on the Gulf Coast!
- We haven't visited the Georgia Coast in more than 20 years- but so glad we came back
- I meant to write to you to say we had a wonderful time on the Island. It's
a place we all loved and would like to return to.
- Walked on the beach, shopped, and most importantly, relaxed!
- Enjoyed relaxing; walking around the village ; golfing at Sea Palms; reading
; the front porch of Beachview House and also did a little shopping in the
- Walk on the beach with dogs and played fetch ; golfing on Jekyll; fishing
off pier; visited Fort Frederick and Christchurch and lighthouse; watched
dolphins at pier
- Fort Frederick; Jekyll Island; Jacksonville; Christchurch; nature trail;
Amelia Island; watched cargo boats; dolphins; watched bikes; jog; shop; ate
out; sat on porch; what to Okefenokee Swamp for the day. Jekyll Island;
- Road bike; walk the dogs on East Beach; celebrated life; looked for our
dream retirement home
- We took the driving tour ;visited Fort Frederick and Christchurch Cemetery
--both very interesting. Stained-glass windows at church were beautiful. We
went to beach. Enjoyed relaxing atmosphere and being able to walk around to
- Slept; relaxed on the front porch; Ate; picked up shells; Water Park on
Jekyll Island; spent the day in Savannah; Ate at Lady and Sons; Trolley tour
at St. Simons
- Swam, ate, read, on the beach
- Horse riding, cycling, beach, lots of mini golf!
- Sunsets from the pier
- Cumberland Island day trip
- Shopping, eating, relaxing, beaching
- Biked a lot
- Rented a "Flintstone" car [a pedal-powered surrey]
- Visited Historic Christ Church; Lighthouse, and Fort Frederica
- Slept well, read books, toured the island!
- Beached, rocked, and ate well
- Walked on the beach, kayaked, golfed, biked, spent lots of leisure time in rockers and around the table on screened porch
- Spent lots of time on the porch rocking and enjoying the breezes and each other's company. The girls collected lots of shells. We shopped a lot-
sampled several of the restaurants. Rode the "Flintstone" bike carts, swam
in the ocean, and visited Jekyll Island, saw dolphins.
- Golfed, movies, walked on the beach with dogs, toured Jekyll, fort Frederica, slept
- Toured Saint Simons, Jekyll, and Sea Island; Ate great food; Walked the dogs; Visited with friends; Relaxed on the front porch
- Walked dogs on the beach, road bikes, read and relaxed
- Shopped, walked on the beach, read on the porch, watched the dogs run on the beach, bike riding, ate a lot, best part: watching dolphins off the coast
- Trip to Savannah, day trip to Jekyll Island, Saint Simons tour, walked on the beach, watched the dolphins
- Walked the beach and took the dogs to East Beach, walked around all the local shops (all very nice), visited Christ Church and Fort Frederica. We relaxed and had fun with the dogs.
- Beach, Christ Church, Fort Frederica
- Rocked on the porch, ate on the porch, talked on the porch, and walked the dogs. The dogs really like the fenced in yard.
- Lighthouse tour-awesome. Lots of shopping-wonderful shops. Relaxed and enjoyed being together.
- Walking the dogs on the beach because you can't do that in Palm Beach. It is such a treat and they loved it.
- Ghost tour - fun!
- Fishing at the pier - interesting people, interesting stories.
- Road horses on beach at Jekyll Island
- We visited Cumberland Island, Jekyll Island, played putt-putt, joined the local health club,
went swimming and running, and got massages.
|Favorite moments and highlights|
- Watching Ajax play in the surf ; walking on the beach; watching dolphins;
being near a real port; kayaking the marsh; interacting with the friendly
locals, visiting historical sites
- See our dogs going to the beach for the very first time!
- The entire week was wonderful. We wish that we didn't have to leave.
Walking the dog on the beach for the first time was really great.
- Walking down all the roads, looking at the beautiful trees. We loved
walking on the beach at walking round the village
- Playing cards and dominoes
- Sunset at the pier, flying kites; the freedom for kids to ride bikes and
stay home alone while we enjoyed a cocktail or two at Murphy's.
- The two little boys and doggie enjoyed running around the yard -- hope to
come back again soon!
- Eating on the screen porch; especially enjoyed Memorial Day's service at
Neptune Park and the antique fair and just being able to walk across the
street for it--- being with family, including the dogs we love!
- Watching our three-year old play in the sand. Finding sand dollars.
Celebrating Grandma's birthday. Eating and drinking at Mullet Bay.
Drinking coffee on the front porch. Building sand castles; Renting the
bicycle surrey; relaxing and walking everywhere; sitting on the front
porch; beach walks; visiting Fort Pulaski
- Walking with dog on the beach every morning. He had the most fun chasing sea birds, digging for crabs, and body surfing the waves.
- Our dogs running on the beach for the first time!
- Watching our one-year old pup discover the ocean, and he loved it!
- Wonderful relaxing times with friends.
- Our time on the beach with the dogs
- Just being together as a family
- Taking our two pups to the beach for the first time
- Watching our dogs run around the yard chasing squirrels; seeing them at the beach for the first time
- Sitting at the Pier at sunset
- Walking out to the Pier and a long beach walk with the dogs
- Dogs on the beach, Beachview House!
- Breakfast on the screened porch, walks on the pier and park, rocking and talking on the front porch
- Seeing dolphins and walking with the dog on East Beach
- Watching dolphins on coast, watching the dogs smile and swim on the beach, relaxing on the front porch
- Watching dolphins, walking on beach, evening with friends.
- Seeing the dogs at the beach and in the ocean for the first time.
- Loved watching the girls run and play with our dogs in the surf. The dogs first experience!
- Just spending time together in such a nice place... Hope to be back soon!
- All on the porch.
- Walking on the beach with puppy 'Scotch' - her first trip to the Ocean
- Thank you for a great little house to stay in. The beach is peaceful but not
overcrowded. The people are friendly. Thank you for a great vacation.
- The whole of the week was tremendous fun
- Having dogs with us; Relaxing on the beach; Sunsets at the pier
- Just being with my friends and family
- If you like art, check Glynn Art Center in village
- Sweet Mamas is a must for sinful treats, and lunch too
- The best "dog beach" is down at East Beach. You can park at the
Coast Guard Station [bathrooms and handicapped accessibility, too] and walk to your left to the larger beach area.- very dog friendly
- In addition to the nearby restaurants, we went to Halyards- very
fine, upscale-reservations suggested
- Not a bad meal- all were wonderful!
- Best crab cakes were at Barbara Jean's; Salmon and cream cheese omelet at Sandcastles.
- Dressners for breakfast, Summer Waves at Jekyll, Crab Trap, Mullet Bay (favorite), 4th of May-try the crab cakes!
- We had wonderful meals at Cargo, Halyards- For Casual Dining we enjoyed Brogans, Bait Shack, and Barbara Jean's and Gnats' landing.
- Crabdaddy's and the 4th of May for food- Sites-Christ Church and the historic Lighthouse
- East beach for dogs-they loved it!
- 4th of May for breakfast; Barbara Jean's for dinner ; Tanya's kiosk in the village has great bags; J Macs for Martinis
- Barbara Jean's great salads; Dressner's great veggie burgers
- Fort Frederica, the Bookmark store
- Crab cakes at Barbara Jean's were excellent, thin crust pizza at CJ's, sweet potato fries at Gnat's Landing, and Mullet Bay and Spanky's were terrific.
- Georgia's Mediterranean, Nazzaro's, Blue Water Grill, 4th of May, Jekyll Island
- Dressner's for breakfast, Barbara Jean's for lunch, Sand Trap for margaritas, dinner anywhere
- You have to eat breakfast at Dressner's. Brogen's is great for dinner and Barbara Jean's for lunch.
- Go left instead of right on East Beach for a nice secluded part.
- East Beach, Barbara Jean's, Dressner's. We stayed walking distance for meals.
- All restaurants in the village were excellent - especially enjoyed Blue Water Bistro
on Christmas eve. Moondoggy's also a favorite.
- Moondoggies - pizza was divine
- Cargo, Barbara Jean's, crabcakes; don't miss Angies around the corner - great.
- Crabdaddies was excellent - amazing bread pudding.
- The best meal we had was Speed's Kitchen on Shellman Bluff (up 17, through
Darien and Eulonia, right on Pine Harbor, almost and immediate left following
signs to golf course, pass the golf course and look for a sign on the right.
You pull up to what looks like a trailer and a cook shed....that's what
it is....for some of the best food you have ever tasted. Mostly seafood, but
they also have an excellent steak. We fed 5 hungry adults for 92 bucks, not
counting tip, and brought food home to eat later. Only open Thur, Fri, Sat
evenings and Sunday afternoon). Almost 40 miles each way but well worth
the beautiful drive through the Butler Island Bird sanctuary and the woods
and marshes of McIntosh County.
- Best idiosyncratic drugstore is St. Simons next to Food Lover's Market off
of Frederica, which has great puzzles nylon bags etc. (near post office)
Both Ocean Motion and Southeastern Adventures run good kayak tours. East
Beach is best for dog walking
- Café Frederica for breakfast; Delany's for dinner in the Plaza, off
Frederica; Harris Teeter for good groceries; Fresh smoked salmon from
Seafood Shops at Demere; Georgia Sea Grill in Village best seafood;
Dressner's for breakfast
- No contest, Bennie's Red Barn -- steak is yummy
- All the food was great . We went to Barbra Jeans; Southern Soul Barbecue;
Dressners for breakfast and Crab Daddy's for great shrimp and bread pudding
- Jekyll Island golf courses (they are a state park!) Christchurch has
beautiful stained glass and really interesting cemetery
- Nature's Gifts in the Village and a Pane in the Glass on Ocean Blvd.
Barbara Jeans; Fourth of May Café; Hot Dog Alley; Dressners; Spanky's ;
Bennie's Red Barn; Georgia Sea Grill ; Crabdaddy's ; Moon Doggy's Pizza;
- Our favorite restaurant was dinner at Barbra Jeans and Fourth of May for
breakfast. For Lunch, we went to the beach and took sandwiches and
relaxed while our Border Collie played-she showed off her Frisbee skills
too--! Could not ask for nicer folks--- you sure to have it make folks so
welcome-- thank you
- Bennie's Red Barn-- it is great to have a great steak restaurant on the
- Barbara Jeans, the Fourth of May, Crab Trap, and Sea Jays' on Jekyll
Christchurch; Fort Frederica; The Fourth of May and Sandcastle great
City market in Brunswick for fresh off the boat shrimp to cook
- Dressners has great biscuits for breakfast. Fourth of May has the best she
- Lots of other dog lovers
- Librarian at great library across the street --reserve time on a computer
and get free Internet access; waitresses at Barbra Jeans and Café Frederica
breakfast is best in town; Modem, a dog with his own business card!
- Lots of great dog people
- Everyone was very friendly; service at local restaurants was great. Most
were very accommodating for our large party.
- Also, enjoyed meeting Dolly & Winfree - they gave us tips on where to eat
(Sandcastle for divine fried shrimp!) and a recommendation not to miss the
Memorial Day Service in the park (very patriotic & moving).
- Michelle - she was very helpful!
- Everyone is friendly here
- Everyone was very friendly. Dogs felt at home everywhere.
- Very nice people all over
- All the nice people in this town. The shop owners were all really very kind.
- Everyone was nice. Always a new conversation, especially regarding our Labs.
- Everyone we've meet in Georgia has been really great and friendly.
- Michelle - she is charming, checked on us, and took care of all our needs
- Lots of friendly dog lovers
- All the locals are very nice
Beachview House is a trademark of Carol Irvine · Copyright © 2018 Carol Irvine